Wednesday, October 3, 2018

alcoholic anonymous

Well what does that appear to be within our life? Do we really mean what we say when reciting the 3rd step prayer or are they only words. So usually the immediate help and freedom most try to find is freedom from alcohol drugs or well-known problem because it appears- sex, food, money, co-dependency etc. However, freedom from the bondage of self (as self is the problem and the drugs and alcohol etc. a symptom) is the actual issue here.
Do we really mean it when we say “relieve me of the bondage of self?
This statement implies that we are alcoholic anonymous  ready to produce EVERYTHING to God and what happens is none of our business. Until this point of sitting and carrying this out prayer I need to squarely confront myself and ask how I have been doing in running my life. Letting go and letting God must be better then your mess I've caused.
Let's concentrate on image.
Many have an “image” problem, meaning we are so worried, and are so consumed by what others think of us, that we spend money we don't have to get things we don't need to impress people we don't like. We perform before the crowd to make a person that truth be told we don't even know, but as we look others approval we feel a sense of “okayness” within.
Once we grow spiritually and develop and enable our relationship with God the shackles of the external world and the requirement for its approval will quickly lose its grip and even disappear. However, we've another challenge. This is the image we should prove to ourselves that we are ok, we are good, we are not the awful we person that the mind is obviously screaming at us they we are. It sounds similar to this: “when they really know about me”, or “who are you currently kidding” or “your still a loser” etc.



We will go to any lengths to shut this voice in head off. Yet again buying things we don't need with money we don't need certainly to impress this horrible jail keeper called the voice or voices within our visit prove to ourselves we are good.
It's relentless and can do more injury to ourselves than our worst enemies.
Do I get dressed up because I prefer to your do I get dressed up because if I don't the voice in head tells me look at you – you are still a bum? Do I NEED lots of money and Alcohol addiction treatment  work hard to shut the voice down that tells me “look at you still struggling you should be rich by now” ?
It's slavery to the mind, to the “false self&rdquo ;.Not the actual self that God created. And provided that I listen to the voice I cannot or at minimum I will struggle to hear God. I'm not practicing fidelity to God but make an effort to worship God and have a partner quietly called my mind, who I'm constantly trying to find approval from.
Exactly what a chore! What bondage!
So we are back to raising the amount of awareness here and visiting terms how we are not necessarily free until we throw ourselves at the mercy of God to be developed in His image and live over the lines of His will – live in the Divine order that'll always transcend human order.
So currently, how is this trying to find you?
There is a spot we arrive at – called freedom of self and not only rest from self.

No comments:

Post a Comment